Enjoy your next gathering with this kicking guacamole recipe. Instead of chips try this dip with some veggies and pita bread with this healthier option.
You can make guac from scratch in a few easy steps instead of the store bought one that never tastes as fresh as a homemade version.
Avocados are one of my favorite foods, so creamy and full of healthy fats.
Spicy kickin Guacamole recipe
2 ripe, fresh avocados, seeded and peeled
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 tomato, finely chopped
1/8 cup finely chopped onion
1/4 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
Coarsely mash avocado with lemon juice and garlic.
Stir in remaining ingredients to blend for your fresh guacamole
Avocados are one of my favorites, and until I started eating clean and healthy, I never knew how creamy and yummy they were. I am so addicted to them. The ways are endless on how you use avocados to enhance the food your already enjoy.
How about this Pineapple – Avacado salad
Just add cut or mashed up avocados and fresh pineapple. Squeeze in lime juice, add olive oil plus some white wine vinegar and your favorite seasonings, then top with some cilantro.
Here are some of my favorite its an avocado life hacks and tips:
- The dark green color next to the skin contains the most nutrients
- Please don’t squeeze the avocados an old Carribean way to do it is just shake them and if you see or feel it move it’s ripe. Otherwise, you just smooshed someones avocado, and that’s just not right. (smile)
- save the pit and make an avocado tree
- use avocados and a dairy-free substitute for butter
- an overripe avocado will feel like a soft tomato
What are your favorite avocado tips, please share by commenting below.
Note: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that we may receive a commission if you decide to purchase through them. This is at no additional cost to you and merely helps us finance the free content supplied on our blog for our fantastic caregiving family!