Homemade meatballs are very easy to make and such a comfort food. You will be amazed at how tender and delicious compared to the frozen store-bought meatballs. Try out these meatballs that you make in the oven, so there is not a mess created on your oven top, there is nothing worse than cleaning up grease, not fun. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com from chef Johns Italian meatballs, and it is one of my families favorite Sunday night splurge recipes and I do love cooking for my family and trust me they do tell me if they don’t love one of my experiments. So believe me this is a keeper. Give it a try and tell me what you think!
Mix it, to fix it!
Mix the whole thing up!
Chef John’s Italian Meatballs
- 1/3 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- one onion, diced
- 1 pound ground beef
- one pound ground pork
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian herb seasoning
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Soak bread crumbs in milk in a small bowl for 20 minutes.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir onions in hot oil until translucent, about 20 minutes.
- Mix beef and pork in a large bowl. Stir onions, breadcrumb mixture, eggs, parsley, garlic, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, Italian herb seasoning, and Parmesan cheese into meat mixture with a rubber spatula until combined. Cover and refrigerate for about one hour.
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Using wet hands, form meat mixture into balls about 1 1/2 inches in diameter. Arrange onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven until browned and cooked through 15 to 20 minutes.
Note: Some of the links above may be affiliate links, which means that we may receive a commission if you decide to purchase through them. This is at no additional cost to you and merely helps us finance the free content supplied on our blog for our fantastic caregiving family!